Multiposition Cylinder: Another Great Innovation from SMC
SMC’s multiposition cylinder offers an infinite number of adjustable stroke positions for under $500.
In the past, an electric actuator was the only option for applications demanding an infinite number of stroke positions. SMC’s MPC series now provides an alternative and economical solution.
Offered as a pneumatic and lower cost alternative, the MPC (Multi Position Cylinder) uses a 4~20mA or 0~10VDC input signal to automatically adjust the actuator stroke. Once the MPC reaches the desired position, it is pneumatically locked until the input signal is changed.
In order to accomplish this, the MPC utilizes an integrated cylinder, solenoid Valve, linear Sensor, and controller all in one unit. You need only to supply air and the appropriate input signal. This easy adjustment makes the MPC perfect for on the fly changes to your process.
Improving Machine Performance
Automatic Leak Detection System – Series ALDS
A simple low cost solution to help detect air leakage in compressed air circuits by integrating an automated leak detection system as a part of a machine that can even monitor leakage while a machine is in operation.
Leak Detection = True Equipment Performance Capabilities
- Operate an automatic test cycle outside production to detect leakages
- Confirm the exact value of the leak in l/m
- Provide maintenance personnel with a detailed report on where the leakages are located without the need to detect individual components
- Detect air leakages when they occur – even on a daily basis
- Lower cost, more precise than sonic detector audits
- Save energy, maintain optimal performance