Precision Air Damping Dashpots
Airpot Corporation is the world leading manufacturer of ultra low friction, super-responsive pneumatic piston and cylinder motion dampers and actuators. Our unique seal-less construction and combination of materials allow unsurpassed longevity, high cycle rates without lubricants, smooth operation at extreme temperatures, and instrument quality performance for low to medium force and energy levels.
The Airpot Dashpot is a motion damping device that reduces velocity, vibration, and oscillation in dynamic mechanisms.
This is accomplished by using a piston to force ambient air through an orifice at a controlled rate to dissipate kinetic energy.
The benefits are worth noting:
- It prevents damage and violent or inaccurate response caused by shock and vibration in sensitive equipment and components.
- It reduces impact noise and wear.
- It provides simple, low cost, adjustable speed control without external power.
- It provides non-electrical timing capability.
Anti-stiction Air Cylinders
The Airpel Anti-stiction air cylinder piston is made from carbon-graphite and the cylinder is made from borosilicate (pyrex) glass. They have unparalleled low friction, responding to forces as low as only a few grams and pressures less than 0.2 psi.
Benefits of Airpel air cylinders:
- Starting and running friction are almost identical, preventing jerky, uncontrolled starts and providing uniform smoothness throughout the full stroke of the device.
- They are unaffected by extreme temperature variations.
- They run clean and do not contaminate surrounding components.
- No seals are required, and there are no liquids to leak.
- They are made of self-lubricating materials.
- They can withstand exceedingly high cycle rates. They do not heat up or change viscosity under conditions of rapid and/or continuous cycling
- They have a life-span of multi-millions of cycles.
Airpot Corporation has developed a line of products and systems, which excel in applications requiring precise, accurate control of actuation, damping or displacement. Using high quality pneumatics in conjunction with Airpot’s precision glass cylinder and graphite piston technology, Airpot now offers designers levels of force and motion control unobtainable by other pneumatic means.
Even zero friction actuation is possible, allowing for ultra precise measurement, application of minute forces, and sub-micron control of linear displacement. Ideal for uses such as high tech mocro machining, polishing or grinding equipment.
Airpot’s "Accurate Force Pnuematics" individual component products aid designers in three areas: